From the house competitions to overseas trips, to sports Olympiads to student council, SIA offers children a well-rounded school experience.
Student life at SIA is centered around our house system. There are four houses and each student is assigned to a house at Year 1. Students belong to their assigned house until graduation.
What is the House System?
- A school community that brings people together
- A system that encourages the growth of leaders
- A place where students can learn teamwork with students from all year groups
- A way of allowing students to be competitive in a friendly way
- A means of rewarding students for their academic efforts, behavior and school spirit
Life in the Houses
The four houses, Blue House (Dolphins), Green House (Falcons), Red House (Arabian Horses) and Yellow House (Scorpions) are each overseen by a faculty advisor, Head of House. Each house elects their House Captain and deputies.
Four Primary Captains oversee house activities in the Primary School to help younger SIA students interact with the house program and become our youngest school spirit supporters.
The house activities throughout the year are available for all students to join.
- Sports, such as cricket, football, the Dubai Fitness Challenge
- Academic clubs, such as revision clubs, math and science clubs
- Creative Arts, such as afterschool painting club and baking club
- Regularly scheduled events
- Range of competitions – academic, sporting and creative
- Encouraging high levels of student participation
- Model UN, the United Nations affiliated debate program
- Each class elects a Student Council representative
- Leadership experience is given to younger students
- Students work together to improve the school from within and organize events to support their measures
- Each house has a dedicated Eco-Captain
- Promote good practice with energy usage
- Captains are working to achieve Green Flag status for SIA
The Assemblies give students opportunities to take on leadership, public speaking and bring each house together
- Pastoral – mental health, bullying, online safety
- Sports – sports day, leagues and competitions
- Informative – environmental awareness and recycling
House Points and The House Cup
The House points system rewards participation and competitions that recognize academic excellence, sports achievement and model behavior and good sportsmanship, artistic accomplishment, school spirit and environmental awareness. Students work hard to earn points individually and in collaboration for their houses and are proud of their results.
The house cup is the most talked about competition at SIA. This is the grand totaling of points from the entire year. The cup remains with the winning house for the year and is a hallmark for school spirit among SIA students.